- The proposed 5-year USD 4.75 million project aims to improve nutrition of 35,000 smallholder male and female farmers and their households (HHs) in Jamalpur district, North Bangladesh. Adopting a nutrition sensitive agriculture (NSA) approach, it aims to improve nutrition through multiple pathways. First, it will increase incomes of male and female smallholder farmers and their HHs, through gender and nutrition sensitive value chain development, which encourages farmers to achieve high yields of agricultural products in market demand. This will provide farmers with the purchasing power to be able to purchase nutritious foods (income pathway). Second, the growth in production can also keep food more affordable (market pathway) through increased income and market access. Third, it will seek to improve the utilization and consumption of nutritious food at HH level, by increasing availability of nutritious foods for HH consumption (production pathway). Fourth, it will increase learning on NSA in Bangladesh, particularly understanding causal relationships between income, spending on nutrition and women`s empowerment in Jamalpur. Direct project beneficiaries will be 25,000 marginal farmers and 10,000 extreme poor farmers.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Planning and execution of nutrition sensitive agriculture interventions in the project area.
- Capacity Building of Local Producer group members, Facilitators and other group Members.
- Establish network body for smooth operation of the program.
- Identify market development opportunities that present through networks and relationships with other institutions and organizations and NGOs working in the areas of Market Access and development.
- Communicate useful contacts and opportunities to project staff and when relevant producer groups.
- Serve as a resource for disseminating knowledge and skills to other agencies and stakeholders in the program area about the project issues.
- Ensure program performance through review and impact evaluation of the project.
- Establish effective working relationship, adequate referral and networking with relevant GOs, NGOs and other civil society groups to achieve project goal through collaborative efforts.
- Communicate market opportunities and supporting information to producer group members and facilitators.
- Support producer group members with technical and other expertise that will assist producers to meet the requirements of buyers.
- Support producer group members and facilitators in the development of action plans and strategies based on market demands.
- Facilitate the direct contact, placement and supply of orders between buyers and producers.
- Document case/success stories for exploring the project performances.
- Adequate record keeping of all program and correspondences ensured.
সকল চাকরির পরীক্ষার সময়সূচী ও ফলাফল মোবাইলে Notification পেতে Android apps মোবাইলে রাখেন: Jobs EXam Alert
- Graduate / Post Graduate Degree in Agriculture background from any recognized university/institution.
- At least 2 year(s)
- Age 28 to 45 year(s)
- Clear Understanding the issues project has to work on.
- Knowledge on current development and emergence issues.
- Good conceptual and practical skill to write project concept paper and design documents of the project.
- Baseline survey, Evaluation and Monitoring process and tools.
- Good facilitation skill of Training, Seminar and Advocacy programs.
- Good communication and networking skill.
- Good proficiency in English & Bengali, both written and verbal
- Good time management skills.
- Decision making and problem solving skills.
- Competent in using MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint presentation.
- Good report writing and documentation ability.
- 80% field visit in the working area is expected.
- Staff should be willing to ride motorbike to visit the assigned work area.
- Being a child – focused organization, World Vision has the responsibility to ensure safety & protection of the children while they come in contact with the staff; accordingly all the recruits will go through specific checks and compliance procedures in accordance to its Child Protection Policy. Persons with a history of child rights and child protection violation are discouraged to apply.
- As per Organizational structure.
‘Being a child – focused organization, World Vision has the responsibility to ensure safety & protection of the children while they come in contact with the staff; accordingly all the recruits will go through specific checks and compliance procedures in accordance to its Child Protection Policy. Persons with a history of child rights and child protection violation are discouraged to apply.’
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be called up for interview.
Please don’t send hard copy CV.
Application Deadline : Nov 12, 2017