প্রতিষ্ঠানের নাম: icddrb
পদের নাম: Study Nurse with the Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Established 60 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Applications from women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Study Nurse with the Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on Short Term Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 09 months which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds. Position Description:
The project is designed to advance the understanding of natural history of norovirus infections in children from birth to 2 years of age, including the contributions of virus in host immune response and protection of children from norovirus diarrhoea and lay the foundation for vaccine development.The Study Nurse will report to the Senior Research Investigator will be responsible for providing 24/7 roster duties at icddr,b field office /Clinical Trial Unit (CTU)/Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH), Dhaka. The position holder will also be responsible for providing clinical management support to the patients under the guidance of Medical Officer/Study physicians and perform project specific activities and documentation as per project delegation and within the guidelines of research protocols and in accordance with organizational values and guidelines.Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain log books of study logistics, medical equipment;
- Assist study physician in enrolling study participants;
- Make documentation of study related activities as per delegation;
- Conduct regular monitoring of the study participants with daily follow-up to discharge;
- Manage patient and ensure general care under the supervision of Medical Officer/Study physicians/Investigators
- Provide care including promotion of healthy behaviors for the study participants;
- Assist the doctors during patient management and clinical procedures as per protocol; Provide counseling to the patients;
- Report the Investigators about the condition of the patient in order to ensure efficient patient care service management.
- Collect biological samples as per protocol;
- Record weight, height, vital signs as per the protocol and study requirement.
- Attend all trainings and mentoring activities organized by icddr,b;
- Develop and demonstrate interest in a particular specialty;
- Seek opportunities to be exposed to research activities of the Centre in order to continually developed and acquire new skills.
- Coordinate with Medical Officer/Study physicians/Investigators in research related activities;
- Collaborate with study personnel and hospital staff in order to maintain a high team spirit.
Required experience and qualifications:
icddrb nure job circular
Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery with valid registration from the Bangladesh Nursing and Midwifery Council (BNMC).
One-year experience in relevant field; Experience in birth cohort study, Clinical trials and Management of ICU patients will be given preference.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work;
- Ability to persuade others to follow;
- Ability to deal with ambiguity;
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Very good interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to build consensus and resolve conflicts;
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform;
- Very good written and oral communication and presentation skills;
- Good in English and proficiency in Bangla;
- Very good organization skills;
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgment;
- Possesses a drive for excellence;
- Infection Control;
- Diet Planning;
- Extensive knowledge on ethical guidelines and clinical research;
- Very good knowledge of Nursing Practices and Procedures;
- Excellent knowledge in IT services, systems and applications;
- Very good knowledge on Clinical Counseling;
- Excellent skill on Patient care and satisfaction;
- Proven capacity on clinical Magement.
**The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing, and references.
Number of vacancies: 01 post
Salary: Tk.30,100/- inclusive of house rent, conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities: Festival bonus, income tax paid by icddr,b and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by December 15, 2021. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application and their performance appraisal of last 3 years will be evaluated.
Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview.
The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised
icddrb nure job circular