Child Protection Specialist – Community Development Centre-CODEC
- Community Development Centre (CODEC) invites application for the following positions from the potential Bangladeshi nationals for implementing `Education and Protection for Refugee Children (EPRC) Project` funded by UNHCR, located at Bashanchar and Cox`s Bazar District.
- Provide technical and management leadership to the child protection program in accordance with best practice and CODEC policies.
- In close collaboration with Project Coordinator, Child Protection Coordinator will play a lead role in developing Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) for each year and update quarterly
- Ensure all planned child protection activities are implemented on time, within the budget, according to quality standards and as per the monthly plan.
- Identify needs and gaps in programming and proactively suggest new activates to enhance the protection activates.
- Ensure effective implementation of MPC’s /Adolescent Club/ Community Centre activates.
- Assist to adolescents are capacitated on identified adolescent set of behaviors including gender differentials of norms & behaviors expected of girls & boys as well as life skills which are implemented into action.
- Assist CP staffs for designing & conducting training meeting /workshop with CBCPC and community leaders
- Responsible for coordination and close supervision of Prevention staffs.
- Support the design and technical delivery of the case management program supporting child survivors of violence and children at-risk to violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- Program design for adolescent club including life skill session & livelihood training
- Ensure the proper activates of MPC adhere with psychosocial intervention.
- Assist to organize workshop, meeting, dialogue, with government & Civil societies on child protection issues.
- Adhere the child protection program within the guideline of Child Protection Minimum Standard & SOP.
- Submit monthly work plan and accomplishment report to Project Coordinator.
- Ensure the work plan, analyses the accomplishment report and provide required feedback to Center Manager.
- Ensure all logistic support (toys and books for library, charts, audio and visual material etc.) for MPC and AdC.
- C:2 Monitoring and Supervision
- Supervise (in collaboration with Project Coordinator) required evaluation of new situation or of the existing program to guarantee high quality intervention.
- Supervise the CP team to conduct regular monitoring and evaluation activates in a regular basis to identify gaps and challenges as well as to ensure quality impact of the CP approaches.
- Extensive field visit on MPC & ADC activates close monitoring, minimum 3 days in a week and provide hands on support to the CP staffs.
- Monthly FGD with community people on child protection concern.
- Submit weekly progress report/field visit report to the project coordinator.
- Reporting & Documentation
- Assist Project Coordinator for qualitative reporting (Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly/ Event Report) to the Donor and 5W report to sub-sector.
- All kind of document relating to ADC & MPC activity need to be properly documented and ensure beneficiary data based.
- Submit Monthly Staff position to Project Coordinator.
- Capacity Building & Training Conduction
- Identify training needs and develop yearly training plan.
- Capacity building training conduction for CP staffs.
- Support Project Coordinator in identifying, designing, facilitating trainings, on CPIE, PSS, Case Management, caring for child survivors and other.
- Capacity development of Adolescent Club Animator/ PSS Volunteer.
- Conduct camp based capacity building training with community people, CBCPC, Community leader and stake holders on Child Right and protection.
- Module Development:
- Develop and provide monthly target plan for Adolescent and MPC operation.
- Develop idea and objective of the child protection program & Need based capacity building training module for CP staff and stakeholders.
- Develop a Psychosocial Mechanism for MPC intervention and operation
- Communication & Coordination:
- Attend all coordination meeting and share meeting result /findings to the management.
- Attend sectors meeting (Child Protection Sub Sector, GiHA) and represent CODEC child protection intervention and update Project Coordinator about the new decision.
- Maintain good communication with UNHCR field team and Stakeholders to adhere the child protection concern.
- Attend Camp level Coordination meeting
- Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the organization and that are compatible with the job.
- Arranged monthly coordination meeting with whole CP staff with the collaboration of Project Coordinator.
- Attend in weekly meeting at MPC with CP staffs.
- Master of Social Science (MSS) in Social Science, Social Work , Psychology
- 5 to 7 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Age 30 to 45 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Knowledge of local language will be preferred
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Strong in English and capable to write quality report in English will be necessary
- Strong ability in problem solving and decision-making.
- Planning, budgeting, and financial management skills
- Team building, HR management skills
- Supportive supervision and motivation skill.
- Skilled in documentation, facilitation, presentation & reporting.
- Computer (MS word, excel, PowerPoint, email, internet etc ) knowledge
- Strong report writing skills both Bangla and English
Cox’s Bazar (Teknaf, Ukhia)
- Tk. 72100 (Monthly)
Read Before Apply
*Photograph must be enclosed with the resume.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Community Development Centre-CODEC Address : Plot-02, Road-02, Lake Valley R/A, Hazi Jafor Ali Road, Foy’s Lake, Khulshi, Chattogram, Bangladesh. Web : www.codecbd.org Business : CODEC is a National NGO working with the disadvantage coastal and fisherflok communities for their socio-cultural and economic development.