Deputy Manager – Finance
Save the Children invites applications for the above-mentioned position. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for potential female candidates.
The Deputy Manager – Finance is mainly responsible for assisting in the financial management according to SCI policies and procedure and assists in establishing effective financial system for providing maximum support to program and management teams in Cox’s Bazar Area Office. S/he also assists in preparation of proposal development, financial report, master budget and gap analysis., coordinate NGOAB reporting & monitoring. The role holder will give input and recommendation on the existing and desired reconciliation process (reporting assurance mechanism) between Finance, Procurement, Logistics, Distribution that will ensure accountable reporting to donors on all humanitarian inputs. S/he will provide a high standard of financial accounting in emergency programs, ensuring compliance to local statutory law and SC accounting policies, will provide support budget holders to produce quality budgeting information and provide accurate and on time BVAs to budget holders to ensure monthly budget monitoring
Qualifications and experience
- At least 5 years working experience in finance/accounts, preferably in emergency environment in an NGOs/ INGOs.
- Sound knowledge and experience of managing grants from the major emergency donors including budgeting, eligibility issues, compliance management and reporting.
- Capacity to develop budget for new proposal in donor format ensuring cost recovery.
- Knowledge of NGOAB reporting & monitoring.
- Required skills: Analytical, Capacity building and Coaching of staffs.
- Demonstrate patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially in Excel and any other financial systems software.
- Strong communication skill in English (written and spoken) and experience in managing multicultural teams.
- Advanced certificates in Finance, Accounting and/or TAX/VAT.
- Masters Degree, preferably in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration.
Contract length: Regular
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Date advertised: 27 Jan 2022
Closing date: 5 Feb 2022 – 23:59 +06