Gonoshasthaya Kendra (GK) : Gono means People, Shasthaya means Health, Kendra means Center. GK emerged from the 1971 Liberation War when Bangladesh won its independence. During the war, doctors, medical students, fighters and volunteers established a 480-bed field hospital in Bisramganj, Tripura State, India, near the Cumilla District of then-East Pakistan. The hospital treated many wounded Freedom Fighters, refugees and local people. After the war ended, some of the doctors, medical students and volunteers started a hospital – first in Eskaton, Dhaka, then on donated land 22 miles away in Savar Thana.
Gonoshasthaya Kendra Job
Organization: Gonoshasthaya Kendra
Position: Finance Assistant
- To prepare voucher and checking bill/ supporting vouchers, make sure approval before all kinds of Payments and receipts.
- Ensue all kinds of payments timely and accurately like Utility Bill, Office Rent and Staff Salary etc.
- Ensure timely salary disbursement to all staffs and maintaining all necessary documentations.
- Ensure organizational policy procedure and Donor policy procedure before payment.
- Banking regularly as per program need (different statement collection/Cheque book collection)
- Maintained Books of Accounts such as Cash Book, Bank Book, and General Ledger, including Advance, Salary, Fixed Asset Register, Tax, VAT and Cheque Issue Register.
- Recording all financial transactions properly in QuickBooks.
- Conduct regular checks of petty cash and cash accounts.
- Prepare Daily Cash and Bank Balance Statement
- Prepare bank reconciliation statement on regular basis
- Advance paid to staff as per program need and make sure adjustment within the stipulated time
- Ensure Fixed Assets ID and physical verification of fixed assets and inventory item in every month.
- Having up to date knowledge on VAT, Tax and Revenue Stamp matter dealing.
- Deduct VAT and Tax where applicable and deposit in to the government treasury within the stipulated time
- Ensure proper documentation with safe and standard system like Bill Vouchers, Bank Statement, Agreement, Letter, Notice, corresponding documents etc.
- Prepare different reports and provide different Account information as per Supervisor’s needs.
- Work at office
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or relevant field from UGC approved University. MBA in a relevant field is preferable
- At least 2 year(s)
- 2 years’ work experience in Finance Department. At least 1-year prior experience in the relevant field in NGO sector will get preference.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
- Familiarity with finance regulations
- Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
- Hands-on experience with Advance MS Excel and accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks)
- Skill in typing in both English & Bangla.
- Organization skills
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Application Deadline : 2 Jan 2022
Gonoshasthaya Kendra, Cox’s Bazar
Address : 40/ A, Mukti Jodda Shoroni, Saimon Road, Baharchara, Cox’s Bazar.
Web : www.gkcox.org
Gonoshasthaya Kendra Job