প্রতিষ্ঠানের নাম: icddrb
পদের নাম: Fellow Nurse with Hospitals under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Established 60 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Dhaka Hospital was established by icddr,b in 1962 primarily to meet the urgent need to treat patients, particularly children, with severe diarrhoeal diseases. It has since grown into a nationally important centre treating more than 140,000 patients a year. It acts as a beacon illustrating what can be achieved by a hospital facility even within a developing world setting. Dhaka Hospital provides an infrastructure for a wide range of clinical research projects. It also plays a critical role in areas such as disease surveillance, monitoring for antimicrobial resistance and clinical training. Dhaka Hospital offers a full range of services, particularly for diarrhoeal and respiratory diseases, with infants and children representing a high proportion of patients. It delivers outstanding care, saving an estimated 40,000 lives that might otherwise be lost every year.
The fellowship is designed to strengthen the knowledge and skills of nurses in caring for patients with diarrhoeal diseases and associated health problems through theoretical and practical training in Hospital Services under icddr,b.
icddrb nurse job circular
Duties and responsibilities
- Receive and registration of patients, takes ailment history, performs a physical examination, assess medical problems, dehydration status, determine therapy and assign bed;
- Take and record vital signs, body weight and intake and output, and prepare patient census;
- Perform rounds and follow doctor(s) order and plan, implement and evaluate nursing intervention(s);
- Observe general and any unusual condition(s) of the patients and bring to the notice of the Physician(s) and/or Senior.
- Receive patients and prepare records, assess and instruct mothers for ORS feeding, observe the general condition, nature of purging and vomiting;
- Reassess and take a decision for admission or discharge;
- Examine reason for admission, documented through ‘Sheba’ program;
- Discharge patient providing ORS packet and zinc tab and instructing regarding how to feed, and maintain hygiene;
- Supervise health workers and others. Maintain inventory in order to ensure effective management of the patient.
- Participate in staff induction and training programmes as and when required;
- Be professionally updated in knowledge and skills in all areas of clinical expertise;
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off-site, as and when required in order to enhance professional development
Health and Safety
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment for the patients and their attendants;
- Report immediately to the Charge Nurse and/or Nursing Officer on duty and/or Professional Practice Leader-Nursing, about any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a patient, attendant, colleague, self or another;
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of the Centre’s Health and Safety policy and Emergency and Fire procedures
Nursing Ethics & Professional Code of Conduct
- Actively promote a positive personal/professional profile within the workplace and community, ensuring the good reputation of the Centre and nursing profession at all times;
- Adhere to the Centre’s and BNMC’s guidelines and regulations at all times; Be ‘on-call’ for emergencies, which may arise within the Centre and out of the Centre;
- Ensure that all information of the patient is confidential and should not be divulged to third parties.
Diploma in Nursing Science and Midwifery/BSc in Nursing with valid registration from the Bangladesh Nursing and Midwifery Council (BNMC).
Candidates who passed Diploma in Nursing Science and Midwifery/BSc. in Nursing course in 2019 or later are eligible to apply.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and emergency
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Demonstrated leadership ability and team management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build consensus and resolve conflicts
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Fluency in English and proficiency in Bangla
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Possesses a drive for excellence
- Superior decision-making skills
- Ethical guidelines
- Nursing practice and procedure
- In-depth knowledge on waste disposal
- In depth knowledge on personal safety measures
- Knowledge of IT services, systems and applications
- Knowledge on Diet Planning Clinical Counseling
- Ability on patient care and satisfaction
- Knowledge of Infection Control
icddrb nurse job circular
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing, and references.
Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for written test/interview.
আবেদন করার শেষ তারিখ: February 10, 2022
icddrb nurse job circular