প্রতিষ্ঠানের নাম: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
পদের নাম: Finance Associate
আবেদন করার শেষ তারিখ: 25 Oct 2021
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of contract: FIxed Term
Duration of contract: 12 months
Duty Station: Cox’s Bazar
Nationality: Bangladeshi only
Monthly Net Salary: as per UN salary scale
No of Position : Two (2)
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority)
Under the supervision of the Finance Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Support the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures and assist in setup and implementation of proper accounting procedures, systems and internal controls.
- Monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports in order to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Monitor the centralized registry system in order to process all payments to internal staff and invoices to external suppliers in a timely manner and in accordance with WFP standards.
- Co-ordinate with other teams in order to ensure that all financial and administrative services are being performed efficiently and in line with the needs of the wider team.
- Monitor account balances and process financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner, to avoid the occurrence of an overdraft.
- Monitor and analyse general ledger accounts in order to initiate and achieve corrective actions.
- Compile data from the WFP database and systems in order to assist in generating and analysing financial reports on a monthly basis.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training in management of financial resources (e.g. managing the petty cash/sub-imprest account, review and analyse vendor and balance sheet accounts, etc.), to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Remain on stand-by and follow standard emergency preparedness practices in order to meet immediate emergency requirements for further service on the job and in the field.
- Monitor the sub-imprest bank and petty cash accounts regularly, to ensure that adequate funds are available and appropriately disbursed.
- Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations.
- Retrieve, format and validate information obtained from various financial information systems and bring any discrepancy or inaccuracy to the attention of the supervisor and follow up corrective actions.
- Monitor and record all expenses in line with the approved budget in order to ensure that correct expenditure costs are charged and payments to external suppliers, cash grants and other supplier invoices are processed in a timely manner
- Perform bank reconciliations, disbursements, clearance of receivables, overall cash management and monthly financial closures on a regular basis in accordance with corporate requirements