Red Cross – Red Crescent movement is the largest volunteer organization in the world. Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) is a national society of the movement, constituted on 31 March 1973 by the President’s Order No. 26 of 1973 with retrospective effect from 16 December 1971. This is the biggest humanitarian organization in Bangladesh. As an auxiliary to the government, the Society provides humanitarian assistance to the vulnerable people over the last 50 years and has undertaken a wide range of activities in humanitarian response, disaster management, health, capacity building and in promoting Red Cross/ Red Crescent ideals and principles.
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is looking for suitable candidates for following position to strengthening its financial & administrative activities of various programs:
|Job title||:||Assistant Finance & Admin Officer|
|Number of vacancy||:||04 (Four).|
|Job Location||:||Dhaka-01, Rangamati-01, Khagrachari-01 & Bandarban-01.|
|Program/ Project||:||CHT WaSH & EcoSec|
|Duration of contract||:||Up to December 2022 (with possibility of extension).|
|Salary Range||:||BDT. 30,000/-.|
|Age Limit||:||25 to 35 years.|
Under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the Assistant Finance and Admin Officers’ will ensure the cash box, cash and bank books are perfectly maintained. They will ensure the monitoring, inputting and archiving accounting and Admin documents in project sites in close coordination with local authority and the counterpart of Head Office.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish a daily/weekly statement of needs for the BDRCS.
- Carry out withdrawals and payment of advances in accordance with established procedures.
- Keep the advance books and cash journal updated.
- Perform payments in the field.
- Reconcile cash box on daily basis and report any discrepancies to her/his supervisor.
- Ensure BDRCS confidentiality of information.
- Maintain all kinds of vouchers, cash book, bank book, general ledger, and different registers related to Finance and Accounts.
- Keep track of all the financial transactions (bank and cash) for implementing the program and prepare accounts as per the requirements of the funding agency.
- Prepare all relevant papers and statements needed for the finance and audit process.
- Manage the petty cash funds and ensure petty disbursements are compliant with petty cash policies and procedures.
- Prepares vouchers (Payments, Advance, receipts, and general journal vouchers) on a day-to-day basis and ensures expenses are reasonable, allowable, and allocable to the project.
- Ensure that supporting documents are in compliance with internal and donor’s procedures.
- Record all entries according to the internal procedures.
- Operating bank reconciliations and editing paper version.
- Proper filing of monthly bank statements.
- Provide support for the monthly closing.
- Ensure the voucher keeping and the archiving of accounting documents according to internal procedures.
VAT & TAX PAYMENTS
- Process to payment of VAT and Taxes through Treasury Chalan.
- Ensure compliance with VAT and Tax policy before booking.
- Control the effectiveness of VAT and Tax payments deposit into bank.
- Keep separate files for VAT & Tax payment records.
- Carryout the necessary administrative functions of the organization, covering from the head office and the project offices. Also, carryout logistic functions as and when required.
- Involve in the procurement process.
- Ensure office stock management, stock inventory.
- Ensure office assets management & assets inventory.
- Responsible Event Organize, Logistics support, office documents filing & documentation.
- Ensure security and safe custody of all documents related to the responsibility.
- Assist in the implementation of the project policy, manual & systems.
- Any other task as assigned by supervisor.
- Ensure the creation of reports requested by his/her Supervisor.
- Take part in the weekly finance meeting.
- Cooperate with other departments and ensure support to them.
- Liaison with the bank(s) and develop a good working relationship.
- Undertake any other responsibility as provided by his/her Supervisor.
Education and experience:
- At least a commerce graduate (BBA/ B. Com/ BBS); higher education would be an advantage.
- Minimum 02 years of working experience.
- Working experience with development sector will be preferred.
- Good command on English and Bengali language.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, report writing and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge on Tally/ Accounting software.
- Excellent and proven computer skills – particularly MS Office and Excel, Email correspondence and network browsing.
- Extensive field visit ability.
- Adhere to the 7 fundamental principles and values of Red Cross and Red Crescent movement.
- Act at all times in accordance with the Code of Conduct and strong ethics with an ability to manage confidential data.
- Common understanding on Gender issues, CEA mechanism including other cross-cutting issues.
- Experience to work with a humanitarian response will be an added advantage.
- Departmental clearance will be required for internal candidates.
If you think you are competent enough for the position, please apply online before 5:00 pm, February 24, 2022.